- Prep Time : 75 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 15 min
- olive oil and flour for the pan
- 2 cups packed, grated zucchini about 2 7" zucchini
- 2 eggs beaten, or 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated mozzerella
- pinches of basil, marjoram, and/or rosemary optional
- extra olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- extra mozzerella, sliced
- 2-3 large garlic cloves sliced
- sauteed mushrooms
- bell peppers, thinly sliced
- olives, sliced
A normal pizza on top, with a beautiful, substantial-yet-tender crust: golden, with flecks of green and a slight crunch. (Ours turned golden but we didn’t have the slight crunch.) You can make the crust several days in advance.
Preheat oven to 400. Generously oil a 10″ pie pan (I used a quiche dish) & coat lightly with flour.
Combine zucchini, eggs, flour, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs and 1 TBS olive oil in a bowl & mix well.
Spread into the prepared pan & bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown. About 1/2 way through baking, brush w the remaining 1 TBS of olive oil (optional–didn’t). Remove from oven.
When it has cooled for about 10 minutes, use a spatula to loosen the crust from the pan so it won’t break later (I forgot to do this)
Top with your favorite pizza items and bake at 400 until heated through (about 10 min.)
From A Farmer In The Dell /Moosewood Cookbook