- Ready Time : 0 min
- 6 to 8 handfuls mixed salad greens or butter lettuce, washed and dried well
- 1 to 2 medium oranges, torn into pieces, pith removed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup or so toasted nuts
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onions
- about 1/3 cup Citrus Parmesan Dressing
Citrus Parmesan Dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 pinches both salt and pepper
For the salad:
Wash and dry your salad greens well and place them in a large bowl. Add the oranges, nuts, and onion. Toss well with the Citrus Parmesan Dressing (below). Add the avocado and give the salad one last light toss, be gentle–you don’t want the avocado to disintegrate.
Sprinkle with a few shavings of Parmesan – you can make nice thick curls using a vegetable peeler.
For the dressing:
In a medium bowl (or Mason jar) combine the grated Parmesan, orange zest and juice, and the shallots. Whisk in the white wine vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil and finish by seasoning with salt and pepper.
-Gently heat the dressing and toss with spinach, for a warm, slightly wilted dinner salad.
-Use the vinaigrette as a marinade.
–Use it to toss with pasta (stuffed cheese filled pasta is an especially good choice).
Source: 101 Cookbooks