- Prep Time : 10 min
- Ready Time : 10 min
- 1 medium-large zucchini, sliced into paper thin coins
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and shaved paper-thin
- 2/3 cup loosely chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- fine grain sea salt
- 4 or 5 generous handfuls arugula
- Honey, if needed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (I used almonds)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Combine the zucchini, fennel and dill in a bowl and toss with the lemon juice, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside and marinate for 20 minutes, or up to an hour.
When you are ready to serve the salad, put the arugula in a large bowl. Scoop all of the zucchini and fennel onto the arugula, and pour most of the lemon juice dressing on top of that. Toss gently but thoroughly. Taste and adjust with more of the dressing, olive oil, lemon juice, or salt if needed. If the lemons were particularly tart, you may need to counter the pucker-factor by adding a tiny drizzle of honey into the salad at this point. Let your taste buds guide you. Serve topped with pine nuts and feta.
Source: 101 Cookbooks