- Ready Time : 0 min
For the Salsa
- 2 peaches, cut in half, pit removed (skin left on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seed removed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- squeeze of fresh lime
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Salmon filets (about 7 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
Heat the grill (a grill pan would work too) then brush the side of the peaches w/ 1/2 Tbsp of the olive oil. Place cut side down on the grill and grill peaches until they caramelize, but still hold their shape, 3-4 minutes.
Remove the peaches and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Place the peaches in a medium bowl and toss with the rest of the ingredients and the remaining 1 tbl. of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
While the salsa rests, season the salmon with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Place seasoned fillets on the preheated grill for 6-8 minutes on each side (skin side down first) or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Remove from grill, top fish with peach salsa and serve!
Source: Natural Noshing