- Ready Time : 0 min
- About 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Ground Urfa or other mild chilies to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint or cilantro
The trick is to slice the radishes thinly. For this, a mandoline is best. I love the inexpensive Japanese versions, which work as well as French models costing 10 times as much.
Combine radishes with salt, and cover with water in a bowl. Let sit 15 minutes. Drain, and rinse. Meanwhile, stir together the pepper and fruit juices.
Toss radishes with dressing and chilies. Taste. Add more salt, pepper or lime juice as needed. Garnish with herb, and serve.