- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1 large golden beetroot, thinly sliced into rounds on a mandolin
- 3 radishes, scrubbed, thinly sliced in rounds on a mandolin
- 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 350 ml white wine vinegar
- 80 grams white sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 clove
Combine beetroot, radish, fennel, carrot and ½ tsp fine sea salt in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and stand to soften (30 minutes).
Meanwhile, stir vinegar, sugar and spices in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves (2-3 minutes), cool to room temperature then refrigerate until cold.
Drain liquid from salted vegetables (discard) and rinse under cold running water. Combine vegetables and vinegar mixture, cover and refrigerate to pickle (2 hours). Quick pickled root vegetables will keep refrigerated for 3 weeks.
Source: Gourmet Traveller