- Ready Time : 0 min
- 3/4 pound whole wheat or gluten-free rigatoni (or any pasta shape)
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 15 ounce can cannellini (white) beans
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups grated Pecorino (or Parmesan) cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, drain and rinse the white beans and place them in a large bowl with the arugula. Add zest and juice of the lemon into the bowl; add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper. Toss gently to combine all flavors.
When pasta is done, drain it. Add it immediately to the large bowl with beans and arugula along with oil and cheese; stir to combine. The warm pasta will wilt the arugula and warm the beans. Serve immediately, topped with more shredded cheese, salt, pepper, olive oil and or/lemon zest if desired.
Source: A Couple Cooks