- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1 16 ounce container Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers, de-seeded
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- about 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
*If you can not find thick Greek yogurt, you can use plain yogurt as well. Simple line a fine mesh strainer, twice, with cheese cloth and add yogurt. Place strainer over a bowl and let rest in the fridge for 4 hours. Some water will be strained from the yogurt. After 4 hours, use the yogurt as follows:
Toss yogurt together with thinly sliced cucumbers, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and mint. Taste and season accordingly with more salt, pepper, or lemon. Allow to chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving. This will help the flavors meld. Serve cold with warm flat bread.
Cucumber dip will last, in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days. Just stir well before serving.
Source: Joy the Baker