- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 10 min
- Ready Time : 30 min
- 1 head cabbage (small)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon heaping diced red onion
- 1 can grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup raw cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- hot pepper sauce or minced hot pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Shred cabbage to make about 4 cups and put in large bowl.
Put carrots, then peppers and onions on top/center of cabbage. Put tomatoes around edge of bowl.
In a small bowl or cup, whisk together vinegar, agave nectar, and salt until clear. Stir in the black pepper, mustard and hot sauce and then pour over vegetables.
In a small pan, heat the oil until you see ripples (but not to smoke point).
Pour hot oil over vegetables, aiming for the onions and peppers. Let sit for 5 or more more minutes.
Toss and serve or refrigerate for later.
Source: My friend Harriet