- Cook Time : 60 min
- Ready Time : 60 min
- 3.5 pounds green beans, strung and cleaned I prefer broad beans.
- 1 pound Spanish onion, cut like wings (wide julienne)
- 7 to 10 clove garlic, whole and peeled
- 2.5 ripe tomatoes, peeled and large dice
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 quart boiling water
- 6 ounce oil I use Lebanese extra virgin, a luxury.
Fry onions and garlic in the oil until onions are brown. Add beans and salt and pepper. Sautee for 20 min, turning occasionally.
Add tomatoes and water. Cook over high heat for 30 min then reduce to medium and cook till beans are tender.
Chill and serve cold on a platter, adding slices of tomato to garnish.
Source: Henrik Suhr, owner/chef of Lebanese Taverna Market