- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unslated butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
In a medium sauce pan with a lid, combine the onion, ginger, sugar, salt, and butter over low heat. Cook covered for 20 minutes, until the onions are soft and have released their liquid. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and wine. Cook uncovered until some of the juices have cooked off and the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
Add the lime and basil off the heat. Taste for seasoning, and spoon over grilled or seared fish.