- Ready Time : 0 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4-5 whole stripes of roasted red peppers cut into small pieces (about 1 whole red bell pepper roasted)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounce whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute, then stir in the cubed eggplant. Stir occasionally for about 5-6 minutes or until the eggplant begins to soften.
Stir in the roasted red peppers, olives, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes so everything is heated through. At this point add more salt to taste.
Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook according to package instructions or until al dente.
To serve, spoon the sauce over each plate of pasta and sprinkle with basil and/or parsley.
Source: So Good and Tasty