- Ready Time : 0 min
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced thin
- 2 medium cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups chopped and rinsed mustard greens
- 1 15 oz can sodium free diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper, to taste
Steam peeled and sliced sweet potatoes for approximately 5–8 minutes.
While steaming potatoes, slice onion and garlic. Heat 1 Tbsp broth in 12 inch skillet. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 4–5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, curry powder, turmeric, and mustard greens. Cook, stirring occasionally until mustard greens are wilted, about 5 minutes. Add garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Mash sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. If you need to thin potatoes, add a little more broth. Serve mustard greens with mashed sweet potatoes.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 244, Protein 9g, Fat 8g, Calories From Fat 30%, Cholesterol 0mg, Carbohydrates 35g, Fiber 9g, Sodium 351mg.