- Prep Time : 30 min
- Ready Time : 30 min
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 pounds center-cut, skinless salmon filet
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a spice grinder, pulse the fennel seeds, cumin seeds and grated lemon zest until finely ground. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, brush one side of the fillet with 1 tablespoon of the Dijon mustard and coat with the ground spice mixture.
In a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the salmon, coated side down, and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip the salmon. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to a cutting board.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the remaining 1 teaspoon of mustard and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the sliced fennel and parsley leaves and toss. Cut the salmon into 4 pieces and serve right away with the fennel salad.
Source: Food and Wine