- Ready Time : 0 min
- 4 green zucchini squash, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup queso, crumbled (Mexican cheese)
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- ancho chili powder, for dusting
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
Turn oven onto broiler setting. Place zucchini halves on baking sheet cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Place under the broiler until sizzling and well charred. This could take 2 to 5 minutes depending on your broiler situation.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool while you assemble the topping.
In a medium bowl stir together mayonnaise, queso, and a few grinds from the pepper mill. Stir until evenly combined.
Top each zucchini half with a few spoonfuls of prepared filling. Dust generously with ancho chili powder and serve immediately with wedges of lime.
Source: Joy the Baker