- Ready Time : 0 min
- 2 cups diced (1/4 inch) cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup diced (1/4 inch) sweet onion (such as Vidalia) or red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- 1 (2-inch-long) fresh hot red or green chile (skip the seeds if you want to dim the heat), minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
This would be great over grilled fish or chicken, not that ours ever got that far. It is equally good with tortilla chips.
It occured to me after the fact that this would be fun with a mix of honeydew and cantaloupe, for color and a bigger range of flavors.
Mix everything and eat immediately.
Source: Smitten Kitchen