- Ready Time : 0 min
For the Salad:
- 1 large head butter lettuce, cleaned and dried (about 7oz)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 persian cucumber, halved and thinly sliced or shaved
- 1 carrot, grated or shaved
- 1 cup sprouts (broccoli, pea, sunflower, radish, etc)
- sunflower seeds, optional
For the Dressing:
- 1.2 cups tahini
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- big pinche of parsley or chives
- 2/3 cup water
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
This made about twice the amount of dressing I needed but that’s ideal for me. It’s so nice to have a great dressing on hand for next time I make a salad. I get the ribbons on the carrots and cucumbers with a veggie peeler but I’m sure a mandoline would do a great job as well.
Blend all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Rip the lettuce into large pieces and combine it in a large bowl with the avocado, cucumber, carrot and half of the sprouts (saving half for garnish). Toss the salad ingredients with desired amount of dressing. You’ll likely have more than you need. Garnish the top with remaining sprouts and sunflower seeds.
Source: Sprouted Kitchen