- Ready Time : 0 min
- 4 whole large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat the broiler on your oven. I set mine to high.
Lay sliced tomatoes in a 9×13 baking dish, overlapping a few if needed. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix panko, cheese, garlic and parsley with a spoon until combined. Evenly sprinkle panko mix over the top of the tomatoes. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or just until cheese and crumbs are golden. Watch carefully as the bread crumbs can burn quickly! Serve as a summer side dish, a salad starter, or a snack!
From Tasty Kitchen