- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 15 min
- Ready Time : 30 min
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh mango
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cranberries
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest if you are not using lemon basil
- 10 leaves basil or lemon basil, chopped fine
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Place the quinoa and water in a medium skillet and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, and simmer covered for about 15 minutes or till the quinoa is cooked. Remove the lid, and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Let it cool to room temperature.
While the quinoa is cooking, combine the fruits in a bowl and refrigerate till you are ready to serve the salad.
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the chopped basil. Refrigerate till you are ready to serve. Chop and add the basil to the dressing just before serving. If you add it earlier, it will go black.
Add half the dressing to the quinoa and mix gently.
Assemble the salad just before serving – toss the quinoa, fruits and cucumbers together. Serve other half of the dressing on the side. Serve immediately.
Source: Veggie Belly