I made this over the weekend and couldn't keep plates full -- it's like an adult mac 'n cheese with veggies and herbs.
- Ready Time : 0 min
- 10 bacon slices cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vermouth
- 12 ounce rotini
- 1 large zucchini or 2 medium, haved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh basil
- 4 ounce soft, fresh goat cheese
Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels and pour off all but 3 tbs of bacon drippings. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add vermouth and boil until reduced by one-third, about 3 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until it’s slightly underdone. Add zucchini and boil, about 2 minutes later. Drain.
Add pasta, zucchini, bacon, tomatoes, and herbs to the onion in the skillet. Toss until sauce coats pasta. Add cheese and toss until it melts, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
From: MJ Prest.